CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Re-Integration

I know when they get back from deployment it is difficult for them to balance everything going on. They have to get back to a normal sleep schedule, they are trying to communicate more with everyone, and they want their social life back. HOWEVER I must say that the re-integrations thing is a GIANT pain in the ass. (pardon my french)

Nick has been so good about contacting me. He has already had to go back to work, he actually had to like a day after arriving home which I thought was kinda early but whatever. But, I am kinda getting spoiled and when he says he will call he doesn't always call (because he has been working/sleeping/or once out with friends). I don't like not hearing from him when I get a text saying something like "I will call u when I wake up" but then don't hear from him. I KNOW it's petty because he has been working ridiculous hours and he is having trouble readjusting but it is still driving me up a wall.

I start to panic too when I don't hear from him when I "think" I should have. I get all these ridiculous thoughts in my head or think the absolute worst ( have even gone as far thinking that he doesn't want to be with me). I am being absolutely absurd. But I do have to point out that my ex had broken up with me THE WEEK he got back from deployment so I think that has put be extra on edge so it has me comparing EVERYTHING which I KNOW I shouldn't do.

He hasn't gone an ENTIRE DAY without talking/texting me but I still freak out or get upset when it has been several hours with no word. I probably sound like a crazy person by now, but I know he loves me (he tells me all the time. Just yesterday he thanked me for being so understanding about everything going on. I think just this distance is really starting to get to me, and I really miss him. I need to learn how to deal with the fact that I can't always hear from him like I want especially when we have a 5 hour time difference. BAH when can I just move to Hawaii and all this madness be over with?

Missing and Loving My Sailor More Everyday

0 comments:

Post a Comment